1. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the cornbread mix, milk, oil and eggs until just combined.
2. Fold in the corn, jalapeno and BBQ.
3. In a dutch oven, add enough oil to come 2 to 3 inches up the side of the pan and heat to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with paper towels and set aside.
4. Working in small batches, spoon the fritter (1 heaping tablespoon) batter into the hot oil and fry until golden brown (turning over once).
5. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on the prepared baking sheet.
6. Sprinkle with kosher salt while still hot.
7. Continue frying until all the batter is used.
8. Serve warm with BBQ sauce on the side for dipping.