- Prepare BBQ according to package instructions.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a baking pan with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine BBQ, onion, minced pickles, and cheese.
- Roll out pie dough and cut into circles using a 3 inch biscuit cutter.
- Brush egg wash around edges of each circle.
- Place a scant tablespoon of BBQ mixture in center of each circle.
- Carefully fold over the circle to form a semicircle. Crimp the edges with a fork; place on prepared baking pan.
- Brush tops of empanadas with egg wash and bake for 22 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite BBQ sauce for dipping.