- 2 cups Byron's Fully Cooked Pork BBQ
- 2 Tablespoons red onion, finely minced
- 1/4 cup dill pickles, minced
- 1/2 cup sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 packages prepared pie dough (recommended: Pillsbury refrigerated pie dough)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- BBQ sauce for dipping
- Prepare BBQ according to package instructions.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a baking pan with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine BBQ, onion, minced pickles, and cheese.
- Roll out pie dough and cut into circles using a 3 inch biscuit cutter. Brush egg wash around edges of each circle. Place a scant tablespoon of BBQ mixture in center of each circle. Carefully fold over the circle to form a semicircle. Crimp the edges with a fork; place on prepared baking pan. Brush tops of empanadas with egg wash and bake for 22 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite BBQ sauce for dipping.
- Serves 8.